Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tinnitus: Aspirin

According to the National Institute for Health aspirin does cause tinnitus. Since I already have tinnitus, I learned that aspirin increases the volume and annoyance level. Usually the volume will come back down in a day or two.

I realized that, for me, a major headache that lasts for hours is more endurable than major tinnitus that lasts for days. I now avoid aspirin. I use an ice pack applied to the back of the neck as a natural remedy for headache and I simply go outside and walk. You'd be amazed at how a quick change in environment can cure a headache. I try to take a ten minute walk twice per day.

If you have heart problems and your doctor says that you must take aspirin then you should follow your doctor's instructions.

More information:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18225604

No comments: